Thursday, January 9, 2014

Breadboard Mk. II

Although the Mark I had served me well, it turned out to be a bit large for most of my needs.  With a few more projects gearing up in 2014, I decided to exchange size for quantity, and built 3 smaller boards instead of the one larger unit.



The new foundation is a 6x9 polyethylene cutting board with two 840 point breadboards and a 60 point bus strip running across the top.  Enough room is remaining on top to add binding posts at a later date, but over time I've found that I don't frequently use them, so I'll hold off on them for now.  The Arduino Rev3 was also installed on a 6x9 board.  This works well but could be improved...

Overall, I probably could have used a prefab board, but I find the heavier 1/2 cutting board material easier to hold and less prone to scratching my desktop, so worth an evening of easy assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment