Friday, May 3, 2013

Creating an Environment Script for EC2 tools

With a basic understanding of Amazon EC2 under my belt, I continued with my workstation build-out by creating an environment script for the EC2 command line tools.  Nothing to Earth shattering here; the majority of time involved was mostly just researching variables that needed to be set.

@echo off
set EC2_HOME=C:\Users\chris\Dev\apps\ec2-api-tools-1-6-7-2
set EC2_PRIVATE_KEY=C:\Users\chris\Dev\bin\identity\pk-xxxx.pem
set EC2_CERT=C:\Users\chris\Dev\bin\identity\cert-xxxx.pem
REM default to avoid using --region parameter everywhere from command line
set EC2_URL=https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
set PATH=.\;%EC2_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
echo ** ENVIRONMENT SET FOR AMAZON EC2 1.6.7.2

Java settings are not required because I have those covered in another script.  The script was entered, saved in my local dev\bin directory, and worked without issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment