Monday, June 25, 2012

Installing new wall outlets

No matter how much I plan in advance, I never wind up with outlets where I need them (either high or low voltage).  In this case, the workshop desk has plenty of outlets above the desktop, but none where I needed them below.


As luck would have it (and this rarely happens to me), the desk happens to be located against an unfinished closet -- jackpot, minimum drywall damage required!   After locating the desired position for the outlets (and throwing up some scrap lumber to get things where they need to be), I marked the wall and cut out holes for two single gang boxes.



A few holes drilled into the 2x4s to route cables, and I was ready for final connections and face plates.  A great project for the weekend, and now I have power and CAT5 connections right where I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment