Friday, May 18, 2012

Status checking a 3ware 9590SE


A recent power outage took the home server offline while I was out of the house.  The APC battery unit appeared to do its job and shut the server down, but after restarting the server, I wanted to check the status of the RAID (a legacy 3ware 9590SE running RAID-5 with 2TB of space under Windows 2008 Server).  Upon running the normal 3DM2 tool (which has been working for years), I was greeted with the following:


After trying a few things (stopping/restarting service, checking the firewall, verifying the port is active with netstat, etc.), it became clear that the 3DM2 tool just did not want to function properly anymore.  Looking for alternatives to check status, I came across a command line tool in the install folder (tw_cli):

 

After browsing though help in the tool, I found the following commands which did exactly what I needed:

//SERVER> /c0 show
//SERVER> /c0/u0 show

Each of the commands also had a corresponding show all variant which dumped even more data,  but as the snapshot below shows, the show command gives a good basic overview of the device.



No comments:

Post a Comment