Saturday, May 5, 2012

ASUS VE276Q Monitor

My small laptop screen just did not have enough real estate for reading the small print/graphs on datasheets; The workshop desk needed a monitor upgrade.

After a bit of surfing on Amazon, I decided on the ASUS VE276Q Monitor.  Like most products on Amazon, the reviews were all over the map, ranging from glowing reviews to "its the worst monitor ever manufactured".  I tend to throw out the top and bottom 10% of reviews, and go with the average.  This processed served me well again; The monitor has a great picture for its size.  The 1080 pixel vertical screen resolution is a bit disappointing (I'm used to the Dell 24 inch @ 1200px), but it seems that most reasonably priced monitors top out at 1080 these days (lousy HD specification).

The monitor has a fairly large stand footprint, so I bought a VideoSecu Wall Mount and got the monitor off the desk surface.  I had never used a product from this vendor, but found the wall mount to be surprisingly sturdy for the price.

BEFORE


AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment