Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bathroom Lights




After replacing the shower door, the builder installed light bar was the next to go.  As usual, I forgot to take a picture before I started, but here is a similar light from another room:

After getting out the stud finder, I realized that the cheap bastards at Ryan Homes decided not to frame this wall on 16" centers like we paid for (the boards are actually 24").  Since the placement of the left light was not close enough to a stud, I had to cutout a large drywall section and use electrical boxes on long hanger supports.


After the electrical went it, I threw in some scrap lumber for support, cut replacement pieces of drywall (the originals did not survive the removal process), and got the wall ready for mud.


A few coats of mud and sanding to cover things back up.  Needed 3 coats in the process, here is a picture after the 2nd coat went on.


After final sanding, I threw up the new wall paint on this section of wall before hanging the lights.  Here is a final shot of the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment